I guess this is also the third week update. You get two third week updates this week!
Important Announcement: Elections will be coming up in a few weeks. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your nominations for President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, and PR/Outreach Director. Put 'SA Elections' as the subject heading. You may nominate yourself or anyone from the group who has come to more than two meetings this year.
We're going to have a meeting Tuesday, April 17th at 6:00 pm in the Uncommon Room of Rockefeller chapel. We're going to have our rationality tested to the limits by Mike Mei in a Rationality Lab. It's going to be awesome. Probably rockets and explosions will be involved. I mean, if you can't build a spaceship with it, it doesn't really matter. Get your rationality hats on!
Questions and Thoughts:
- What does it mean to be rational?
- How do we improve our rationality skills?
- Think you're rational? Find out.
- There's a whole community centered around being more rational.
- What is rationality?
- Baking Party: Sunday, 5:30 pm, we're going to bake lots of cookies at Mike's place and also hang out, play music, etc. You might even get homework done! (Maybe). For his address, email him at email@example.com
- Ask an Atheist: April 19, we're going to be wearing stickers and definitely tabling from 10:00am to 2:30 pm so that people can find out what we're all about! More info here. Please sign up for half-hour tabling slots here.
- African Americans for Humanism is having their National Conference here at the University of Chicago the weekend of April 27. This is still being planned, but should be amazing, and probably free for students.
- Sex, God and Science: A conference taking place April 29 in downtown Chicago. We're not sponsoring it, but it looks really cool. Information here.
- The same weekend, a free conference is taking place in Wisconsin called the Freethought Festival.
- Jesus Camp: We will be showing Jesus Camp Thursday, May 10th, at 7pm. Wikipedia page here. It's supposed to be really good.
Links to Follow
- Science cookies! Science cookies! Maybe we will make some at our baking party.
- This three year old girl is cooler than you because she knows (almost) all the elements.
- Want to be awesome on twitter? Give some support to this girl from Sixteen and Pregnant who just told everyone she was an atheist.
- Canada loves us!